Tuesday 19 August 2014

Beauty Queen

In March I took part in the Miss England Galaxy grand final! 
2 years ago I took part in the Miss Teen England Galaxy finals so I knew what to expect and I was very excited!
The whole day was so fun. My boyfriend drove me and my mum down in the morning so the night before I had arranged to meet a few of the girls at reception. All the girls I met during the whole day were lovely, they all deserved to win and you could see why we were all chosen. They were all beautiful inside and out.
So throughout the day we had rehearsals. During this we learnt our opening number dance and practiced introducing ourselves on stage. After dinner the current Mrs Galaxy UK and Miss Galaxy England gave us some tips when we practiced our pageant walks.
I also had my interview throughout the day. This was with 8 judges! I thought I answered the questions really well, I was asked to tell them a bit about myself, who my role model was, what I qualities I could bring to the crown and where I see myself in 5 years!
After rehearsals it was time to get ready! I had my makeup done by Anna-may. She was so talented. She applied airbrushed foundation and gave me silver sparkly eyes to match my evening gown. Then next it was time for my hair. Duncan, who is well known in pageant world as being a fantastic hairdresser assistant styled my hair. I decided to have it up as when I tried on my dresses the night before my gran and boyfriend said it would look best up. So I left it up to Duncan to make my hair look amazing.
So once I had finished getting ready I got changed into my opening number and sat back stage chatting with the girls.
Once the pageant had started it all went so fast. My boyfriend said I had introduced myself perfectly on stage, which I was so glad as I was worried incase I messed it up! Then next it was fashion wear, I was concentrating so hard that I actually walked at the wrong time! After this was swimwear and then evening wear!
There can only be one winner and its not the winning but the taking part that counts. We all had the confidence to get up on stage and do it and I am so proud of myself for doing this again. This is my 3rd beauty pageant and every time I have improved.

Have you taken part in a beauty pageant before?




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Super HanHan's World. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig